Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Response: The Knife - Tomorrow, In A Year



A while back, I listened to The Knife's new album "Tomorrow, In A Year." I thought there were a lot of things in it that worked really well, and also a lot of things that didn't.

I made this short edit/remix/dub as a response to my listening, and incidentally, it functions as a kind of non-verbal criticism by selection, a four minute tour of what I would consider some of the album's finer moments:

Download The Knife - Tomorrow, In A Year (David Kanaga Edit)

The album was released under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License , which is the same license that I use.

***

A little over a week ago, I posted this, but didn't know about the CC license--so I wrote "sampled content: copyright 2010 The Knife," confident that my collage-response should be protected by fair use. Then, on the morning of 2/27, I received a DMCA takedown notification from Blogger (someone else having complained to them), and the post was removed from my page.

Blogger, if you see this: the sampled material was released under a Creative Commons license--I can use it!

No comments:

Post a Comment